June 16, 2011

Rib Roast


Normally we smoke ribs in our smoker,
but for the sake of trying something new
and because Mr. Chickadee is the only one in our family
who knows how to use the smoker,
(and he's been working late hours)
I decided to try this recipe.


The original recipe calls for 6 butt steaks
(something I thought I had, but turned out I didn't),
green onions
(I prefer a strong white onion),
and only 2 cloves garlic
(I love garlic and usually double what the recipe calls for).

Ingredients:

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 white onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
6 pieces of pork rib roast

Directions:
  1. Melt the butter in a skillet and mix in the soy sauce.
  2. Saute the onions and garlic until lightly browned.
  3. Place the pieces of rib roast in the skillet, cover, and cook 8 to 10 minutes on each side.
  4. Remove cover, and continue cooking 10 minutes, or to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.

We had the ribs with mashed potatoes and a cabbage salad
(sliced cabbage, sliced broccoli, chopped dill, salt and vegetable oil)

The meat was so tender and juicy.
I was really surprised.
I have never been a good meat preparer.
Mr. Chickadee usually smokes the meat portion of our meals
and I handle everything else (unless it's a soup or a pilaf).
But this time I was able to prepare meat that wasn't dry or stringy!
And best of all? Mr. Chickadee loved it!
This recipe is definitely going into my great recipes file.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and ideas!