June 25, 2011

Ruched Strap Cover

After making Scrappy the Snake 
I want to use up more of my leftover fabrics.

So yesterday I made this strap cover for my camera.




To make your own you will need:

left over fabrics, cotton flannel (for padding), pins and a sewing machine.


What you need to do:

Measure the strap on your camera and add 1/4" all the way around.
The strap on my camera (Canon T2i) is 2"x26.75"
and adding 1/4" all the way around makes it 2.5"x27"

Cut one piece of flannel and one piece of fabric for the inside.

Multiply the length of the strap by 3,
add 1/4" all the way around and
cut one piece for the outside (the ruched piece).
For the strap on my camera:
26.75" x 3 = 80.25,
adding 1/4" all the way around
I cut my piece 2.5"x80.75"
I had to sew together a few pieces to make one long enough.

With wrong sides together sew the flannel and inside pieces together.

 Turn the ends under 1/8" twice and stitch.

Run gathering stitches on the top and bottom sides of the outside piece and gather.

With right sides together pin the outside piece to the inside piece.

Stitch the pieces together with a 1/4" seam, removing the pins as you stitch.

Turn right side out.

Pull the camera strap through the cover, adjust

and take photo's in style!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and ideas!