May 26, 2017

Modesty




I don't cover up my body in shame.

I reserve it for my husband's eyes.

I don't breastfeed discreetly out of shame.

Because even though breastfeeding is not a sexual act, they are still breasts.

     When in public, I don't breastfeed on the toilet nor do I always use a cover, but in general, I do it without exposing myself . Yes, it's possible. Yes, breasts are made for breastfeeding, but they're also for a husband to enjoy. {Proverbs 5:19} {Song of Solomon 7:7-8}. And before anyone starts comparing, I don't wear a bikini to the pool or the beach. I also believe that men should also cover up.

      I believe that dressing with modesty isn't only about "not tempting the opposite sex", though it does help, it is also about respecting your body. And this does not only apply to women. Because both men and women have sexual desires no matter how one is dressed. Several years ago, I read a piece written by a Christian sister and I agree with her. "Even when you are surrounded only by people of the same gender, you should still dress modestly." Because you're not only doing it for others, you're doing it for God's glory.

     In that regard, one of my goals is to teach my children modesty regardless of their gender.

     I'm not trying to tell you what you should do with your body. I am trying to say that teaching modesty is not body shaming. It's teaching self respect and glorifying God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and ideas!