November 17, 2017

Nail Polish on Carpet!!!


     So my chickadees got nail polish on our beige carpet.. have I ever mentioned that I cannot stand carpet?? Well this is why.. my children and carpet just DO NOT mix. We've been here less than a month and I've had to treat a stain at least once a week. Unfortunately, since this house is a rental, we can't rip it out.. So I went to my sister, who has had nail polish in her carpet, and pinterest to find a solution...

     So my sister said to let some shaving cream, not gel, to sit on the stain and then use 100% acetone nail polish to blot out the rest.. and pretty much all the pins said the same thing.. so I went out and bought those things (Mr. Chickadee uses gel cream and I haven't painted my nails in ages)..


     So from left to right.. the stain when I got home.. shaving cream for 30 minutes.. and after removing the cream.. I'm not sure it did anything.. maybe it softens the hardened nail polish?


     From left to right.. after round 1 of 100% acetone nail polish remover, but I ran out.. Middle photo: went to get more, but they were out so I got regular nail polish remover and after that round I could still see pink.. Mr. Chickadee works for a flooring company and used the Bissel Oxy Stain Destroyer (from target) on carpet at work that day. He brought the bottle home so I tried it (right photo) and like magic, the stain was gone within minutes!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and ideas!