December 22, 2017

Knitting | Duplicate Stitch


     Learned a new knitting stitch last week.. It's called a duplicate stitch..


     Basically, you knit like normal and then, with another color, duplicate the stitch on top of the work.. almost like embroidery.. check out Jessica Joy's simple video tutorial here..

I used a free online graph "paper" to make the design..


Needless to say, Mr. Chickadee loves his birthday gift..


It's a perfect hat to keep a beekeeper 🐝 warm in the winter.

     I shared the hat in a beekeepers Facebook group and everyone wanted one! Mr. Chickadee has been wearing it every day and has gotten several comments.. I went on etsy to see if anyone else makes them and it turns out that no one does! All I saw was black and yellow striped hats.. some had eye balls on them. I may have to start my crafty business back up and corner this market!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and ideas!