December 1, 2017

Rags to Riches | Headboard


     Last year I made a headboard, all by myself!, and because I wanted something bright in my bedroom, I painted it sunshine yellow:


     At the new place, however, I decided on a peaceful, monohromatic look and painted it charcoal. But I also wanted it to have a feminine touch, so I got these pretty, white, ruffle sheets and grey linen covers. I'm thinking of replacing the euro shams with ruffle ones.. what do you think? And the faux fur pillow adds another soft touch to the hard lines of the headboard. I originally purchased it for the white sofa in the living room, but I think it's perfect here!


     After I put everything together, it looks great! But also feels a bit cold.. I need to unpack my silhouette and cut some pretty vinyl for the headboard.. in green or yellow for a pop of color!

These are my favorites from pinterest.. now to pick just one...



     Still need to add some pretty curtains, build the bed (maybe add a ruffle skirt?), and makeover the night stands, lamps, dresser, and desk to complete the room!


1 comment:

Please share your thoughts and ideas!