February 2, 2018

Chicken Quinoa


Meal number four from the two rotisserie chickens

     One of the most important things about good-tasting quinoa is soaking and rinsing it before you cook it. I think it is absolutely a must. I've purchased organic quinoa at Costco and on the bag it said soaking was not required, but I still think it tastes much better when it's soaked and rinsed. So soak your quinoa for at least an hour and rinse it really well.


     The second thing about cooking good tasting quinoa, is cooking it with broth. Whether it's beef, chicken, or vegetable. I hardly ever cook it with water. The only time I cook it with water is if it's going into a salad.

     For this meal, I used the chicken and broth left over from when I made the chicken cauliflower alfredo. After I made the chicken alfredo, I froze the leftovers. Which was about 3 or 4 cups of broth.. honestly, I didn't measure. I thawed it out in a pot on the stove until it boiled and added 2 cups of quinoa. Cover and simmer on low for 15 minutes. Oldest Chickadee made a salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, dill, and avocado oil.

     Btw.. quinoa is something Mr. Chickadee does not like to eat.. so it's another thing I only cook when he's not home ;) because the chickadees and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and ideas!