March 5, 2018

White Couch | 4 months later


     I am often asked how we can have a white couch with 7 kids. I was going to wait a year before I gave my review, but here goes my 4 month review..


     For starters, if you want a white couch, it MUST have removable covers. And I'm not talking about just the cushions, but the whole thing. And this IKEA Ektrop couch fits the bill.

     We sit and lay on this couch daily, it's our main seating area in the living room. So, yes, it gets dirty.  Some times even as soon as I wash and replace the covers. There have been chocolate and banana stains on it and that's when this miracle spot cleaner comes in!


     One time my sister spilled red cabbage juice on it and was freaking out. I told her, "no worries! I'm just going to spot treat it." I sprayed it and the stain started disappearing in front of our eyes. I love it! Remember how it even removed pink nail polish remover from our beige carpet before?!

      If you think about it though.. all furniture gets dirty. Most of it you can't see the dirt and we sit, lay, and play in it.. the white couch I MUST wash more often. So it's healthier.. at least that's what I keep telling myself 😄

     But really, look at these chairs! Gross! And washing them is a lot harder than the couch! I thought about painting them with fabric paint, but now I am for sure making removable covers instead.


     They won't be white though. So far I have washed the couch covers 1-2 times a month, but a darker color can go longer between washes.


1 comment:

  1. Nancy MakerMarch 05, 2018

    Is there anything creative you can't do? You build, paint, decorate, educate, cook etc. If your children learn half of what you know they will always be ahead of other children. -Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and ideas!